Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Family Coat of Arms...Or Not

You think you purchased your Family Coat of Arms at your local Irish Festival this year? Maybe not. Dick Eastman posted a very comprehensive overview of exactly what constitutes a Coat of Arms.


Another Instance of Bogus "Family Coats of Arms"

"I had to laugh. This morning I received an email message from a company asking me to review their new iPhone app for "Irish Family History." Normally, I would be glad to do so; but, as I read the remainder of the email message, I changed my mind. It appears this app displays so-called family information that contains fairy tales." Read more...

I know how tempting it is to purchase these types of items. Just be sure you understand what it is and is not that you are buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment