Wednesday, January 30, 2013

AncestryDNA Video Explains their Product

If you have taken the AncestryDNA test or are considering it, you will want to watch this video. If you are not a fan of AncestryDNA (yes, I heard you on various social media channels) you may still want to watch.

What I found the most interesting in the video is how Crista Cowan, from Ancestry.com, explains ethnicity. She takes a complicated subject and made it easy for me to understand with fruits and vegetables. The other portion of the video that fascinated me is a chart showing how many direct line ancestors we have going back 10 generations.

I knew that with each generation the number of our ancestors doubled, but seeing it in this chart really brought the concept home for me. We have a lot of cousins to look for. Of course when I saw how many ancestors Crista had found and proven, I was a tad deflated. She works for Ancestry.com, if she can't find all her peeps what hope do I have?

I hope you enjoy the video.